Friday, May 6, 2016

Vintage Makeup Guides

1940's make-up Guides
There are almost as many ways to be Goth as there are Gothy people.  We range in looks from Victorian style through Batcave to Cyber futurism.  Every Goth develops their own personal style, usually after years of experimentation.  The Vintage Goth knows how to use historical makeup looks and give them a Gothic twist.

I personally base my makeup on Vintage styles from the 1920's to the 1950's, using a black and red color palette (with the occasional bit of plum or silver). When I first began trying out vintage looks, I copied as best as I could from old magazine illustrations.  Later on, I found youtube tutorials to be helpful.  Ultimately, I discovered this series of Vintage Makeup Guides by Glamourdaze that I feel are the best resources of all.

This collection of authentic booklets from the eras they represent are beautifully scanned and sent to you as electronic files.  They are an invaluable resource for lovers of the Vintage look.  They're also just fun to have in your collection, and offer so much more than just makeup advice.  The full collection of guides, which range from the 1920's to the 1960's, include skin care, hair care, diet tips, and so much more.  The illustrations and photos are wonderful, and give you a much better feel for the time than watching a youtube tutorial.

You can buy individual guides, or purchase them all as a set.  I bought the set in 2013, and I've even received two more guides since then, as Glamourdaze added them to the collection.  Click on any Makeup Guide image if you want more information, or want a Vintage guide for yourself.  Enjoy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment